By Xiang Zhang Ph.D., Mark Cresswell
Inorganic managed liberate know-how: fabrics and ideas for complex Drug Formulation offers a realistic consultant to the use and purposes of inorganic managed free up expertise (iCRT) for drug supply and different healthcare functions, concentrating on newly constructed inorganic fabrics corresponding to bioresorbable glasses and bioceramics. using those fabrics is brought for quite a lot of purposes that hide inorganic drug supply platforms for brand spanking new drug improvement and the reformulation of current medicinal drugs. The publication describes uncomplicated suggestions, rules, and commercial practices through discussing fabrics chemistry, physics, nano/microstructure, formula, fabrics processing, and case stories, in addition to the evaluate and characterization of iCRT platforms quite often investigated in the course of commercial R&D.
- Provides the 1st booklet on inorganic managed unencumber expertise (iCRT), overlaying key facets from chemistry, physics, artificial equipment, formula layout, characterization and evaluation
- Includes a number of industry-related case reports to supply sensible counsel on tips to use iCRT instead to natural polymers structures for either destiny drug advancements and different lively factor applications
- Demonstrates how iCRT deals an unmet enterprise desire for more advantageous, managed free up of actives as opposed to conventional CRT platforms, that are identified to have hassle with the managed supply of either poorly and hugely water soluble drug compounds
Read or Download Inorganic controlled release technology : materials and concepts for advanced drug formulation PDF
Similar inorganic books
A number one textbook which deals a clean and fascinating method of the educating of contemporary inorganic chemistry and provides a transparent, well-balanced advent to the main rules of the topic. the new full-colour textual content layout with three-d illustrations brings the topic to lifestyles. scholars may be able to relate the chemistry they discover ways to way of life via quite a few purposes and subject containers.
Here's the great two-volume index to the entire compounds, matters, and authors featured within the eighteen-volume Inorganic Reactions and techniques sequence. Already deemed "invaluable" via the magazine of Organometallic Chemistry, the sequence turns into much more crucial with the ebook of those uncomplicated, quick-reference spouse indexes.
The phenomenon of spin-crossover has a wide effect at the actual houses of a fantastic fabric, together with its color, magnetic second, and electric resistance. a few fabrics additionally exhibit a structural part switch throughout the transition. a number of functional functions of spin-crossover fabrics were proven together with exhibit and reminiscence units, electric and electroluminescent units, and MRI distinction brokers.
This most modern version permits readers to grasp new sessions of organometallic compounds and synthesesA well known source utilized by man made natural chemists around the globe, this booklet permits readers to behavior seamless artificial reactions regarding key organometallics. every one response is decided forth within the book's acclaimed recipe-style structure in order that readers can simply reflect the implications of their personal labs.
- Experimental inorganic/physical chemistry: An investigative, integrated approach to practical project work
- Plenary Lectures Presented At the Second Symposium on Inorganic Phosphorus Compounds. Held at Prague, Czechoslovakia, 9–13 September 1974
- Silicones and Silicone-Modified Materials
- Boron: The Fifth Element
- Chemistry Connections, Second Edition: The Chemical Basis of Everyday Phenomena
Extra resources for Inorganic controlled release technology : materials and concepts for advanced drug formulation
19. Blecher L. Excipients—the important components. Pharm Process 1995;12(1):6–7. 20. Rutesh DH. Drug topics; 2008. 21. Brittain. Polymorphism in pharmaceutical solids. New York: Marcel Dekker; 1999. 22. Byrn SR, Pfeiffer RR, Stephenson G, Grant DJW, Gleason WB. Solid-state chemistry of drugs. West Lafayette, IN: SSCI; 1999. 23. Etter MC, Macdonald JC, Bernstein J. Graph-set analysis of hydrogen-bond patterns in organic crystals. Acta Crystallogr B 1990;46:256–62. 24. Etter MC, Reutzel SM. Hydrogen-bond directed cocrystallization and molecular recognition properties of acyclic imides.
8. Zhao D, Yang P, Chmelka BF, Stucky GD. Multiphase assembly of mesoporousmacroporous membranes. Chem Mater 1999;11:1174–8. 9. Vallet-Regı´ M, Ruiz-Gonza´lez L, Izquierdo-Barba I, Gonza´lez-Calbet JM. Revisiting silica based ordered mesoporous materials: medical applications. J Mater Chem 2006;16:26–31. 10. Wu C, Chang J. Mesoporous bioactive glasses: structure characteristics, drug/growth factor delivery and bone regeneration application. Interface Focus 2012;2:292–306. 11. Hu L, Sun H, Zhao Q, Han N, Bai L, Wang Y, et al.
Gresch R, Muller-Warmuth W. X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy of sodium phosphate glasses. J Non-Cryst Solids 1979;34:127–36. 35. Stefanic M, Zhang X. Unpublished results from a Lucideon EU FP7 project. EU funding is acknowledged. 36. Zhang X. Presentation at bio international convention. Washington; 27-30 June 2011. 37. Maria G, Berger D, Nastase S, Luta I. Kinetic studies on the irinotecan release based on structural properties of functionalized mesoporous-silica supports. Microporous Mesoporous Mater 2012;149:25–35.