By Fawzi Behmann, Kwok Wu
This ebook offers a simplified visionary process concerning the destiny path of IoT, addressing its wide-scale adoption in lots of markets, its interception with complicated know-how, the explosive progress in info, and the emergence of knowledge analytics. IoT enterprise functions span a number of vertical markets. the target is to encourage artistic pondering and collaboration between startups and marketers in an effort to breed innovation and carry IoT strategies that might definitely influence us through making company procedures extra effective, and bettering our caliber of lifestyles. With expanding proliferation of smart-phones and social media, info generated by way of person wearable/mobile units stay key assets of data approximately us and the markets round us. higher insights may be received via cognitive computation coupled with company intelligence and visible analytics which are GIS-based.
Read or Download Collaborative Internet of Things (C-IoT): for Future Smart Connected Life and Business PDF
Best & telecommunications books
Get a legitimate repair at the increasing universe of telecomExplore the tremendous telecom panorama - from criteria and protocols to premise, entry and shipping applied sciences. excess of an acronym-studded quickly repair, Telecom Crash path is a real instructional that provides you context, connections, and the knowledge to fast seize key applied sciences, together with instant web, optical networking, 3G, IP, protocol layer, PSTN, ATM, unfold spectrum, GPRS, and SIP.
A finished but moveable VOIP know-how consultant for networking and telecom execs.
Are you absolutely up-to-speed on latest glossy spectrum administration instruments? As regulators movement clear of conventional spectrum administration equipment, introduce spectrum buying and selling and view starting up extra spectrum to commons, do you recognize the results of those advancements on your personal networks? This 2007 ebook was once the 1st to explain and assessment sleek spectrum administration instruments.
- The Human Nature of the Singing Voice: Exploring a Holistic Basis for Sound Teaching and Learning
- Die Gesundheitshebel: Partizipative Gesundheitsförderung in der Pflege
- Microcirculation in Circulatory Disorders
- Navigating Time and Space in Population Studies
- Antitargets: Prediction and Prevention of Drug Side Effects
Additional info for Collaborative Internet of Things (C-IoT): for Future Smart Connected Life and Business
5. In the near future, there will be transformation toward C-IoT between two or more point solutions/systems providing greater insights that would result into better decision. But such solution/services can impact any, some or the entire three domains: Individual, Industry, and Infrastructure. For simplicity, we highlighted three market cases that address our needs and wants: Health & Fitness, Video Surveillance, Track & Monitor and Smart Energy. More examples are provided in the book. Example 3 Video Surveillance across Three Domains (Individual, Industry, Infrastructure) The following example shows a more progressive example of video surveillance business application crossing three domains: Individual (Apartment), Industry (Commercial), and Infrastructure (City Street).
Others, such as Egghead, saw their entire business model turned on its head. An industry it had helped create, the personal computer industry, and a technology they made popular, the voice band modem, turned on them. Their success made their brick and mortar franchise obsolete. Software could be downloaded without going to the local Egghead store, and much of the software was free. But all of that is history, where are we now and where are we going? If we have learned anything from the history of invention, innovation, and adoption in the last 200 years, it should be humility.
3 C-IoT model Any business application may span one or more markets. For example, in the same figure, the following business applications span the three domains: Health & Fitness Video Surveillance Track & Monitor Smart Energy. 2 represent domains and sample applications are represented by the triangles spanning the three domains. Here is a general list of business applications: Individual for smart living Consumer Electronics and wearable devices (Quality of Living) Fitness/health monitoring and tracking (Smart Living) Elderly, kids, pets, and so on (Safe Living) Time, leisure (Quality Living) Home Security/Surveillance – Alarms (smoke, motion, access, and video) Energy – meter, thermostat, appliances, and lighting Sprinkler system Entertainment In-home healthcare devices – Embedded video Smart connected car, transport Engine diagnostics Traffic info/mapping GPS/GIS Location-based services Autonomous driving Industry for business efficiency Several markets are associated with Industry.